Elite Injured Athletes
Mental Paths to Enhanced Recovery
Dealing with injury could be one of the toughest opponents an athlete may have to face.
For the elite athlete, a great deal of time and energy are invested in obtaining optimal performance in sport, hence any significant injury is likely to be perceived as a traumatic life event. Some athletes adjust to the stressful event with little difficulty while others are devastated by the experience.
Ann worked with 136 injured full time professional athletes as part of her Ph.D studies. She has been through all the stress and traumas, the feelings of helplessness, anger, depression and uncertainty. She works with individual injured athletes using a sound foundation of mental edge skills to ensure full recovery and confident return to competition.
To the team, coach and sports medicine professionals
- Decreased recovery time.
- Increased confidence upon recovery.
- More responsive, motivated, injured athletes.
- Comprehensive and individualised programs.
- Better quality care.
To the athlete
- Make the most of your time out by learning more skills.
- Set clear rehabilitation goals.
- Learn positive, powerful rituals, specific to your sport.
- Work your plan and return to your sport even quicker than expected.
- Increase your sense of control and responsibility.
- Decrease your hassles and increase your support.
- Learn more relaxation skills whilst you have the time.
- Visualise your skills to improve performance.
- Feel more confident.
- Turn your injury into an opportunity to come back fitter, faster, stronger and tougher.
How does it work?
Coaching sessions are designed and tailored to suit your needs and make sure you are back quickly, feeling really confident and ready to WIN. Please click here to contact Ann and find out more.