As Seen In
Meet Dr Ann Quinn
As a peak performance coach, international consultant to sporting and business organisations, author and Keynote speaker, my drive and passion is always the same – to help you totally believe in you, develop a winning mindset and Be Extraordinary!
A Proven Record of Success
I have been fortunate to help a lot of my athletes achieve their greatest dreams…from winning Wimbledon, becoming World Champions and winning Gold Medals, as well as coaching executives, performers and high achievers from all walks of life to build a winning mindset and connect to their own inner power and excel in their chosen field.
With a diverse academic background across all the Sports Sciences (Psychology, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Human Movement and Nutrition) and over 30 years of experience working in the world of elite sport, I understand what it takes to succeed.
It is the little differences that make the BIG difference.
Over the years, so many of my clients have had doubts and fears that have held them back from being all they can be. Is that you too?
Do you believe deep down you can do it?
As I often say the difference between ordinary and Extraordinary is that little extra. It is the knowing you can win and not having one little doubt versus, hoping you will win. It is about being 100% focused and present, versus being 95% focused. It is being fit and energised so you can play full out with 100% intensity instead of just doing what you have always done.
Over the last 15 years, I have added another dimension to my coaching by helping my clients connect deeply into their hearts and access their intuition and inner power. Deep down, we all know we are capable of so much more. When we let go of our fears and limiting beliefs, and understand ourselves at a really deep level, we breakthrough to all we truly can be and totally trust ourselves. The lessons for my clients have been profound and life changing, challenging and liberating.
I look forward to supporting and inspiring you to really believe in yourself, achieve your dreams, and Be Extraordinary.
Winners consistently control their thoughts, their actions and their daily routines and create an Extraordinary Life.
Make great habits and they will make you.
The athletes she has worked with include Pat Cash (whom she coached to his Wimbledon crown), Pat Rafter, Australian Cricket Team members, an Aussie Rules National Team, World Boxing and Kickboxing Champions and multiple Paralympic Gold Medalists, including Shingo Kuneida, who has won 50 Grand Slams.
- PhD (Psychology) – University of Melbourne
- Master of Science (Biomechanics and Exercise Physiology) – University of Illinois
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement) – RMIT
- Graduate Diploma in Education – University of Melbourne
- Diploma in Nutrition – The College of Nutritional Medicine, London
- Diploma of Tennis Coaching – Tennis Coaches Association of Victoria
- Elite Professional – United States Professional Tennis Association
- CEO, Quintessential Edge Pty Ltd, 2010-present
- Head of Sports Science and Innovation, Lawn Tennis Association, London, UK, 2007-2009
- Lecturer, Performance Psychology, Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne, 1996-2000; 2003-2006
- Director, Flair 500 Pty Ltd, 2002-2004
- National Director of Coach Education, Tennis Australia, 1998-2002
- Associate, Department of Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Melbourne, 1997-2005
- Managing Director, Quinnessential Difference, Pty Ltd, Australia, 1986-2006
- Health and Fitness Director, Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, Florida
- APG – Global Advisory Board, 2019 – present
- Conference Convenor – Lagardère Sports, WTA Finals, Singapore, 2014 – 2018
- Mentor to Top 8 ITF Juniors – ITF Junior Masters, 2015 – present
- Sports Science Consultant, Nike International, 1996 – 2015
- ITF Sports Medicine and Sports Science Commission, 2007 – 2011
- Peak Performance Specialist, TTC Japan, 2005 – present
- WTA Professional Development Advisory Panel, 2000 – present
- Consultant to WTA – projects and speaking engagements – 2000 – present
- International Tennis Federation, Coaches Commission, 1999 – 2007
- Tennis Australia, Player Development Board, 2002 – 2005
- Chairperson: Tennis Australia Coaching Advisory Panel, 1998 – 2003
- Coaching Advisory Committee, Confederation of Australian Sport, 1998 – 2002
- Australian Tennis Conference, Founder and Chair of Organising Committee, 1988 – 2007
- Tennis Australia, Sport Science Committee, 1988 – 2005
Ann has been internationally honoured with many awards and worldwide recognition for her work.
- International Tennis Federation Award for Services to the Game in recognition of a long and distinguished service to coaching and the game of tennis
- Stanley Plagenhoef Award for excellence in Sports Science, Professional Tennis Registry, USA
- Australian Sports Medal from the Prime Minister of Australia on behalf of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II for contribution to tennis
- National Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year, Australasia
- Peak Performance Specialist of Shingo Kunieda, Winner of four Paralympic Gold Medals, 50 Grand Slams and 9 times ITF World Champion, Men’s Wheelchair Tennis.
- Tennis Coaches Australia Hall of Fame – Victoria – inducted into the TCAV Hall of Fame in recognition of outstanding contribution to tennis coaching and to the game of tennis within the state of Victoria
- Tennis Coaches Australia Award in recognition of outstanding contribution over 20 years in founding and running the Australian Tennis Conference
- Australian Postgraduate Research Award for PhD studies
- Hugh Childers Prize for outstanding teaching, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Ann’s passion is to help you develop a winning mindset and Be Extraordinary.
From coaching executives to sporting stars, from teaching Performance Psychology at Melbourne University, to coaching top 10 players on the professional tennis tour and heading up Sports Science and Innovation at British Tennis, Ann has coached lots of high achievers.
She was the woman behind Wimbledon Champion Pat Cash and US Open Champion Pat Rafter, the first female to train an Aussie Rules National Team, as well as many other sporting legends in different sports. She has also held Leadership positions in private companies and large organizations as well as running her own consulting business.
Ann is an inspiring and energetic speaker and has travelled the world lecturing on 6 continents and in more than 30 countries. Whether it is to an audience of 15 or 15,000, she speaks with authority, experience and passion on topics in peak performance, from developing a winning mindset, and getting the winning edge through to becoming the CEO of your own Life – Conquering your stress, Energising you and Organising your Life.