1. Take a quick walk around the block.
Fresh air gives you a fresh perspective. Return to your desk refreshed, renewed and rejuvenated.
2. Drink a glass of water.
Rehydrate your body and your brain.
3. Stretch – both in your seat and standing up. Move! Become more flexible. Relax your muscles and improve your circulation. You’ll feel so much better!
4. Read one or two pages of a motivational book.
5. Take a dance break, if you work by yourself!
Turn on your favorite music and DANCE! It gets you moving, gets the blood flowing, opens up your creativity and makes you happier and more productive.
6. Change your breathing:
Do some deep breathing, slow your breath down, fill your lungs. When we’re stressed, we shallow breathe and that just increases tension because we’re not getting enough oxygen through our body. Sit back in your chair. Take some deep breaths, close your eyes and simply zone out.
7. Gratitude break.
Write a thank you note to someone you appreciate. It feels good to do and you brighten up someone’s day in the process.
8. Change your scenery.
Take a walk around the block, change rooms, get away from the computer.
9. Do 5 minutes of rebounding.
Re-energise you! Stimulate your lymphatic and immune systems, increase your metabolism and have fun!