QUOTE 1 – JANUARY 2016
Happy new year. Hope it is an Extraordinary one for you.
How are those new year resolutions progressing? Still on track? Most of us start the new year ready to take on the world. We are super motivated but motivation is only what gets you started. It is the habits you set up that keep you going. So what are some habits you can put in place for an Extraordinary 2016 for you?
As Leo Tolstoy said, “True life is lived when tiny changes occur”. It is what we do everyday that matters more than what you do once in a while.
Latest research shows that it takes 66 days to form a habit so commit yourself for the next two months to learn and adapt a new habit.
If you were living your dream life, what habits would you have?
First we make our habits, then our habits make us. The secret of success is found in your daily routine.
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
Here are a few examples of some new habits.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day
- Take up yoga
- Read more
- Think like a winner
- Spend less time on social media
- Start the day with warm water and lemon
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier and exercise
- Send thank you cards
- Journal daily
- Spend more time with your family
- Schedule a date night once a week
- Declutter one hour a week
- Plan and prioritise daily
- Start the day with a green smoothie
- Get to bed by X pm
- Start a new hobby
- Try something new
- Visualise your success daily
- Don’t eat sugar
- Tune in within. Let your mind guide you to your greatness.
Set yourself up to win. Make great habits and they will make you!
Good habits once established, are just as hard to break as are bad habits.
Make it a habit to do what makes you happy and live a life you love.
Wishing you every success for an Extraordinary 2016.